Posted on: 19 June 2015
Have you always wanted to travel overseas to see the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, the Vatican and other famous landmarks? Perhaps you've wanted to relax on the beaches of Spain or ride hike the mountains in Switzerland. While Europe is certainly not as big as the United States, there is so much to see that planning your trip might be overwhelming. Here are some ideas that might help you to see as many sights as you can during your allotted vacation days.
Go On A Cruise - Let your cruise director be in charge!
- The great part about going on a cruise is that you don't have to look for hotels every day and your meals are included.
- While on your cruise there will be tours offered for days you go into different ports. Even though they cost extra money, you can have the peace of mind that comes from being in a safe group and you'll see many highlights without getting lost.
- The fun won't all be on land, though. Among other activities, on the ship you'll have dancing, special classes, shows, gambling, and even the opportunity to go to a relaxing spa.
Do Your Own Thing - Another idea is to be wandering tourists as you discover surprises along the way.
- If you want to also experience evenings in Europe, that won't happen on most cruises as night time is cruising time.
- Obvious landmarks like the Coliseum in Rome, the Familia Sagrada Cathedral in Barcelona and the Tower of London will be easy to find, especially if you go on the hop-on-hop-off tours. However,some of the highlights of your trip might be spent in just wandering the streets finding places where the locals eat and shop and just getting a feel for the atmosphere of a particular city or village.
- Wherever you wander, be very aware of pickpockets. Pickpockets hang out where there are tourists and they are very clever. It's a good idea to keep your valuables close to you or in the hotel safe.
Go Through A Travel Agency - Whether you're cruising or doing your own thing, consider hiring the professionals (such as Lake City Travel & Cruises) to plan your trip for you.
- By going through a travel agency you'll be working with professionals who have been trained to get the best airplane deals and the best hotel reservations.
- Even if your travel agent hasn't been in the country of your destination, he or she will still have the information that will assure that you get to see all the sights.
- Besides arranging for travel and hotel stays, your travel agent can also get tickets to shows, museums, restaurants and other local attractions.
Best wishes on planning your trip to Europe!Share